The following terms and conditions govern all use of the ‘Claire Alexandra Make Up Artist’ services and all content, services and products available through the website. Please read this Agreement carefully before using the services of ‘Claire Alexandra Make Up Artist’. By booking with ‘Claire Alexandra Make Up Artist’ you are agreeing to the following terms and conditions.
‘Claire Alexandra Make Up Artist’ is committed to protecting your privacy. Any personal information that ‘Claire Alexandra make Up Artist’ collects will be maintained in the strictest confidence and all personal details submitted to us are for our use only.
We will never pass your personal data on to a third party. Information we will require from you will include you name and address, your telephone number and email address, and various other details necessary to complete a session. We do not collect any information which may be deemed ‘Sensitive personal data’ under the Data Protection Act 1998. All client and enquirer’s email addresses are automatically entered into a database so they may receive occasional emails from us about our services or general advice about our services which may benefit them. We will give you the chance to refuse any marketing emails from us by unsubscribing at the bottom of any sent emails or by emailing Claire@claire-alexandra.co.uk
- Booking & Appointments – ‘Claire Alexandra Make Up Artist’ offers daytime and limited evening appointments. During peak times it is likely that a Friday or Saturday may be unavailable for trials due to honouring weddings bookings. For a £25 premium, daytime appointments for trials are available on Sundays. To make a booking please click here, call 07861 562590 or email Claire@claire-alexandra.co.uk . If you already have a date for your wedding , then its best to contact me as quickly as possible to ensure availability. Please note that due to the number of enquiries I receive, I cannot hold a Wedding Day date until a 50% booking fee is received. ‘Claire Alexandra Make Up Artist’ reserves the right to refuse, change or cancel an appointment at any time. Special Occasion Hair & Makeup, Hair only or Makeup only appointments are only confirmed in the diary once a 50% non refundable booking fee has been received.
- Locations – ‘Claire Alexandra Make Up Artist’ is based in Ponteland, Northumberland and is currently a mobile service (excluding trials) covering the following areas; Northuumberland, Durham, Teeside, Tyne & Wear, North Yorkshire, Scottish Borders and Cumbria. A trial usually takes place in my Ponteland based home Studio. All hiring or rental of rooms or other spaces with a day or hourly rate will be payable by the client. Travel further afield is available upon request. The service is subject to the travel policy below.
- Travel & Parking – Travel by car is covered within the consultation fee if you are within 10 miles of Ponteland. Therefore the first 10 miles each way (20 Miles in total) is free. Travel beyond 10 miles is charged at 45pence per mile to cover costs. These charges will be detailed in your quote.
- Creative Direction : our part in making your event special. As professional Hair & Makeup Artists, we will use our expertise and artistic skills to create the look you have requested for your big day. All of our assignments are personally taken by Claire herself and or one of her team. In the unlikely event that Claire Alexandra Makeup Artist are unable to attend your event due to unforeseen circumstances, we reserve the right to appoint another Makeup Artist to attend on our behalf.
- Makeup Allergies. It is the responsibility of the you, the client to inform the makeup artist of any allergies or reactions they may have to a particular product. We use primarily professional grade make up in all our makeovers and these products have been widely tested, therefore we cannot be held responsible should you have a reaction to any of these products.
- Photography. During every trial Claire Alexandra Makeup Artist will take photographs of your finished makeup and hair, these are primarily used to record and confirm the final look. From time to time these images may be used by Claire Alexandra Makeup Artist in their printed and online publicity, on social media and or in newspapers and magazines. By completing a booking form you are giving us permission and full right to use these images taken of you, your Bridal party and your Wedding/Special event.
- Complaints. Claire Alexandra Makeup Artist are committed to providing the highest standards of customer service at all times to our clients. We always ensure that you and your Bridal Party are happy with our work and that we have perfectly created the look you have requested. In the very unlikely event that you are not entirely happy with our services after we have left the premises, your reason for complaint must be received by us in writing within 7 days of the event date.
- Fees, Payment Terms and Cancellations- Due to the number of enquiries I receive, I cannot hold a Wedding Day date until a booking fee is received. Claire Alexandra Makeup Artist reserves the right to refuse, change or cancel an appointment at any time if an account is overdue. Our fees are split into a booking fee and into other elements (Hair and makeup packages, additional hourly coverage, expenses and so on) we have agreed with you and listed in the Booking Form, and together they form the ‘total cost’ of your hair and makeup requirements on the date shown. The booking fee secures the date of your event or wedding in our schedule and is non refundable no transferable to an amended date unless we have at least 12 weeks notice in writing and we are available to accommodate the revised date. The balance of the total cost (The Balance) must be paid at least 30 days prior to the wedding/event date. We do not guarantee our attendance where our fees have not been paid by the date due. You may cancel our engagement at any time by giving us written notice but you will still be liable to pay our fees, which will automatically become due within 7 days of the cancellation notice, as follows;
Number of days notice before event date Fees Due within 7 days
180 days or more before event Booking Fee + 8% of the balance
120 – 179 days Booking Fee + 20% of the balance
91- 119 days Booking Fee + 60% of the balance
90 days and under Booking Fee + 100% of the balance